The Payment for Ecosystem Services (PES)
PES is a funding mechanism to support the reforestation and protection of natural environment in order to sustain its services and practices in many parts of the globe.
In Mt. Kalatungan, PES was piloted with the MILALITTRA starting 2014. MILALITTRA, the tribal community living in the forest areas of the mountains act as the seller while stakeholders in the lowlands act as the buyers. XSF was chosen by MILALITTRA as the intermediary or fund manager.
For three (3) years, PES achieved some of the Community Development Plan’s (CDP) core areas. The accomplishments are the following:
- Deputized 50 Wildlife Enforcement Officer (WEO) or Tribal “Bantay Kalasan” Volunteer
- Adopted the Rainforestation Farming System
- Established 3 nurseries and propagated 60,000 seedling Arabica Coffee for Agroforestry
- Constructed a Tribal Hall
- Organizational, Enterprise and Financial Management Trainings
- Organized PES Project Team
CULTURE & TRADITION
- Transfer of 3D Map and Ritual in Tologan
- Dengue Prevention and Surveillance Training for 7 barangays in Talakag, Bukidnon (XU-Biology Department)
- Ordinance Lobbying